This five night tour is based at the Old Vicarage Country House Hotel and takes in a tour of the world renowned restoration business of CMC (Jaguar specialists), the amazing cliff railway, a run from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster on the Severn Valley steam railway, the Kiddrminster carpet museum, historic Harvington Hall, Daniel's Mill, and much more. Entries limited to just fourteen cars as that's the total number of rooms at the hotel.
The event is based for five nights at the Old Vicarage Country House Hotel, Worfield, on the outskirts of the picturesque town of Bridgnorth. The dates were set and the hotel booked at the beginning of last year and originally intended to be just four nights.
There are just fourteen rooms at the hotel (above) so they will be allocated strictly on a 'first come, first served' basis. The hotel does not have a lift so please check with me!
From CMC we travel through the Shropshire lanes to Halfpenny Green Wine Estate for a tasting of some of their renowned wines, lunch, and a guided tour - sorry there's two in one day but they are very different!
We take the short drive to the Severn Valley Railway station in Bridgnorth and catch the train to Kidderminster where a coach will be waiting to take us to Harvington Hall, a 13th century moated manor house renowned for its number of priest hides.
After lunch and a tour of the house and gardens we visit Kidderminster Museum of Carpet before rejoining the train back to Bridgnorth.
The original plans for today were thrown out after Charles announced it would be the day of the coronation. I suspect most people would wish to see the spectacle so a buffet lunch with wine has been arranged with the hotel. For those not interested a scenic run through the lanes is organised, taking in the pretty town of Much Wenlock.
Bridgnorth. The day starts with a short run to Daniels Mill, where you can view the amazing restoration and even buy some flour made on site. After mid-morning coffee and cake at the mill we return to Bridgnorth low town where we take the funicular railway, built in 1891, up to Bridgnorth high town. The afternoon is free to wander around the picturesque centre and maybe visit the antique centre.
What's included in the price?
- Five nights' dinner bed and breakfast at the Old Vicarage Hotel, Worfield, Bridgnorth
- Champagne reception on the terrace first night
- Guided tour of CMC Jaguar restorers with morning coffee and biscuits
- Guided tour of Halfpenny Vineyard with lunch and wine tasting
- Severn Valley Railway to Kidderminster and back
- Coach to Harvington Hall
- Entrance to Harvington Hall
- Lunch at Harvington Hall
- Entrance to Kidderminster Museum of Carpet
- Buffet lunch with champagne on Coronation Day
- Entrance to Daniels Mill with guided tour, coffee and cake
- Funicular railway to and from Bridgnorth high town
- Detailed road book
- Individual name lanyards
- Windscreen sticker
- Rally plates
- Organiser in attendance throughout to sort any queries or problems
- Various other minor additions
PLEASE NOTE! THERE MAY BE VARIATIONS TO THE SCHEDULE IF CIRCUMSTANCE DICTATE!