The ever popular Viking Tour ties in once again with British Car Week in Gothenburg and the amazing Tjoloholm Castle Rally where one thousand classic and vintage cars from all over Scandinavia gather each year in the grounds of this 18th century mansion built by a Scottish brewing magnate.
The route takes in spectacular scenery in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. For the second time we will be visiting Oslo, with a two night stop on our way north to the fjords and mountains.
I have received feedback from a few people on my mailing list that they would love to come on a tour but can’t spend the full two weeks away most entail. For Italy and Croatia there is no solution, other than foregoing the vintage / classic car, and flying out to join part of a tour in a hire car.
However, this time there is a solution! You can do part of the tour! Sadly this does mean missing out on the scenery and deserted roads of Norway, but you are still able to enjoy the delights of Gothenburg and Tjoloholm as well as Denmark.
A free DVD of the Tjoloholm Castle Rally plus a stills CD of the last tour are available on request.
The tour schedule is as follows:
About the trip
Daily mileages are mostly low, and my allowed times for travel are normally totally beaten by even the slowest cars. In 2008 the 1925 1100cc Amilcar easily completed the entire route. The TOTAL mileage in Scandinavia is less than 1,200 in two weeks!
The trip is suitable for any car with a cruising speed of 45 – 50 mph and above, the only proviso being your cooling system needs to be tip top, for it is likely to be warm and there are plenty of hills!
This event, like all is designed to be a relaxing holiday with your car, not just an old car rally. There is no night driving, and absolutely no competition, other than getting to the bar first! The detailed road book enables you to travel at your own pace with little chance of getting lost. Please note: This itinerary may be subject to variation in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
What’s included in the price? *
- The ferry in both directions Harwich – Esbjerg for car and crew
- An outer (porthole) cabin on the ferry in both directions with private toilet & shower
- Dinner on the ferry in both directions
- Breakfast on the ferry in both directions
- Hotels on a bed & breakfast basis
- First night’s dinner in Gothenburg at Gothia Towers with coach pick up / return
- Guided tour of Gothenburg by vintage tram
- Guided tour of Volvo factory
- Entry to Tjoloholm Castle Car Show with reserved place for your car on the field.
- Return high speed ferry Gothenburg – Frederikshavn also included for short tour participants
- Guided tour of Oslo with lunch
- Buffet dinner in Vagamo
- Buffet dinner both nights in Flam
- Return journey on spectacular Flam railway.
- Ferry from Larvik to Hirtshals
- Detailed road book
- Marked map books of both Sweden & Norway
- Rally plates & window stickers
- Back up service vehicle crewed by experience mechanics
- Services of an experienced tour director
- Various minor additions
*Note: Items in bold relate to the short tour (six nights)
You can request full details of the tour and a free DVD of the Tjoloholm Castle Event via our contact form (please complete the address fields). Or give Ian a call on 01824 790280.
Entry restricted to just thirty cars.
Please note! Dates are provisional and may vary slightly. Why not get the full information pack and price? It’s a lot less than you think!
‘It is not the cheaper things in life that we want to possess, but expensive things that cost a lot less’
Country Lane Tours Italy, Croatia, Scandinavia, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales – Free DVD available